Although these remedies can be very effective in relieving cough and improving asthma, it is advisable to consult a specialist and not substitute medical treatments for these.
Infections, allergies, or tobacco can end up causing a certain type of lung disease or disorder that can become problems like asthma and cough.
These natural solutions that we propose will be very useful in front of them. Now, do not forget that they are a supplement and that, in any case, you should visit your doctor . That said, let’s get started!
Onion natural remedy for cough
To make this remedy, we will use the properties of the onion as the main ingredient. It is a food that is rich in sulfur, which provides it with antibiotic and antiseptic qualities, which will be most beneficial.
In addition, they can also work as a home remedy against influenza infection.
Thanks to their flavonoids and sulfur compounds, onions are also an ally of our heart health and help us regulate cholesterol levels, prevent diabetes or improve arthritis.
On the other hand, it is an excellent antioxidant that, when combined with honey, can be even more effective in relieving cough.
How to prepare an onion remedy to relieve cough?
- ½ kg of red or purple onions
- The juice of 2 lemons
- ½ kg of muscovado sugar
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 7 tablespoons of raw bee honey (175 g)
- First, cut the onion into slices, squeeze the two lemons and set aside.
- In a frying pan, preheat the sugar over medium heat . Stir constantly until golden.
- Next, add the onion, cook for a couple of minutes, and add the water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat until the water drops to a third. Let it cool down .
- Add honey and lemon juice to the mixture and stir everything well.
- Let it sit overnight and strain the liquid in the morning and store it in a glass jar.
- It is advisable to take a tablespoon of the resulting syrup before each meal and repeat until your lungs feel better.
- In the case of children, we will reduce the dose to one teaspoon, also before each meal.
Ginger Cough Remedies
The ginger is also an option to relieve cough naturally. It is a plant with various healthy and healing effects.
Its indisputable use to calm cough is due to its anti-inflammatory properties , which are of great help against respiratory diseases.
Also, it is very effective to treat other ailments, such as arthrosis and certain digestive problems.
If you want to take advantage of the benefits of ginger, you can consume it in several ways. Pay attention to the three that we propose:
Chew fresh ginger
If you have a cough, a good natural remedy is to chew ginger. One of the alternatives at your disposal is to acquire fresh ginger and sprinkle a pinch of salt on it. You can chew it as is.
Ginger and honey mix
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder (2 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Mix the ginger well with the honey so you don’t inhale it when you consume it.
- When you have a homogeneous product, take a teaspoon before each meal.
- Although you see that it has a very peculiar flavor, do not give it too much importance, because the truth is that it is very effective for coughs.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- A piece of ginger root
- Heat the water and, when it comes to a boil, add the piece of ginger root, previously washed. Allow the decoction to take place for 10 minutes.
- After the indicated time, strain, sweeten if desired, and drink. This is a highly recommended option for its flavor.
Radish and honey for asthma
Since you already know how to improve your cough problems, it’s time for you to know how to do it with asthma problems.
The third natural remedy that we propose has radish as its main ingredient , a very nutritious plant with beneficial effects for those who suffer from asthma, although we remind you again that it is not a miracle product . To prepare it, follow the steps that we indicate:
- 1 black radish
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of honey (75 or 100 g)
To make this homemade recipe it is convenient that the honey is of high quality.
- First, you’ll need to wash the radish well and let it dry. Remove the bottom and cut off the top.
- Put the radish in a suitable container and add 3-4 tablespoons of honey.
- Cover the cut at the top. Let stand overnight .
- In the case of adults, they should take a tablespoon, 4 or 5 times a day, a few minutes before meals (breakfast , lunch, snack and dinner).
- For children a teaspoon will suffice, also before meals.
Do you already know how to deal with asthma and cough?
Thanks to these natural remedies for asthma and cough you will soon notice the differences and feel much more relieved of your respiratory problems.
Take the test, although you should always keep in mind that it is advisable to visit your doctor for any complications. He will know what to do in any circumstance.