The function of the colon is to cleanse the body and strengthen the immune system. By including these drinks in a healthy diet, you will help them naturally.
The colon is the last part of the digestive system and measures about 1.5 meters. This is in charge of synthesizing vitamins and, in addition, extracting water and salt from the residues before being eliminated. However, the function of the colon can be affected for various reasons .
In fact, an increase in harmful bacteria or long periods of constipation reduce its effectiveness and, in a short time, it is noticeable in the body. In turn, weight and mood can also be affected by these changes.
Also, a part of the immune system is processed in the intestines; so any mismatch in this area is reflected in the ability to digest or cope with some diseases. Therefore, we present you some drinks that you can incorporate into a healthy lifestyle. Do you want to meet them?
Apple, carrot, and ginger juice to support colon function
According to a study carried out by several German researchers, apple juice is one of the best home remedies to protect the colon. This is because it contains antioxidant compounds that defend it from cellular damage .
Also, if you combine apple juice with carrot juice and add a little ginger, you will reduce inflammation and provide the body with vitamins and minerals.
- An apple (of the variety you prefer).
- 2 carrots
- 1 glass of water (200 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger (3 g).
Being 100% natural products, we encourage you to opt for those of organic cultivation free of pesticides .
- Start by washing all the ingredients well. Then, cut the apple into 4 parts (you don’t need to remove the peel) , and you do the same with the carrots.
- Once in the mixer, add the apple, carrots, glass of water and teaspoon of grated ginger (if you don’t like the taste very much, a little is enough).
You can drink it in the morning or on an empty stomach.
Kefir drink with flaxseed
Consuming fresh kefir on a regular basis would help keep the colon healthy.
Eating a probiotic food with live and active cultures (the so-called “good bacteria”), you will achieve :
- Reduce inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Minimize the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fight some stomach problems such as indigestion, flatulence, irregular bowel movements and the classic feeling of heaviness that appears after eating.
Also, if you add a few teaspoons of flaxseed, you will further optimize the benefits. This is because flaxseed is a gluten-free seed that contains Omega 3 fatty acids, soluble fiber and lignins with inflammatory properties that promote digestive health.
This is demonstrated by the following study published in 2005 by the journal Nutrition and Cancer, the results of which in rats demonstrated that its protective function prevented the development of colon tumors in these animals.
- ½ glass of liquid or grain kefir (100 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed flour (15 g).
- Just add the tablespoon of flaxseed in the half glass of kefir and mix well. You will love the taste!
Natural grape juice to support colon function
Grapes are fruits known to improve digestion and reduce high levels of inflammation.
Along these lines, a study published in the journal Science translational medicine has highlighted the qualities of resveratrol in mouse trials for the prevention of cancer cells; an antioxidant from red or red grapes that helps protect colon function.
- ½ cup of red grapes (100 g).
- 1 glass of water (200 ml).
- This natural drink is prepared in a few minutes. In fact, you only have to wash the grapes and take them to the mixer together with the glass of water.
- Once the juice is obtained, strain it to remove the pips from the grapes.
You can drink it at any time in the morning.
Support colon function naturally
There are no drinks with miraculous properties to protect the colon against disease. However, the recipes mentioned thanks to their properties can help you in their functions.
If you have any doubts, don’t forget to go to a specialist. Also remember that maintaining a proper diet and exercise routine are essential factors to take care of yourself both outside and inside. Try these drinks and go ahead!